Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I've got you...

This is going to be just a quick post. Most everybody knows what a scaredy cat I am and with recent events in my life (a midnight visitor) things have been even more stressful. Without going into too many boring details - our visitor is still in jail and his arraignment was last Friday. I had kinda moved past this traumatic event until a couple of weeks ago when we received paperwork about the arraignment, etc. This has caused this fear/anxiety to become a prevalent issue within my life once again. But anyway here is the point of my post. Last night I was not having a good night. I couldn't sleep and was getting more and more anxious with every little noise I heard. As most of you also know Chloe sleeps in our bed. So, after I had been awake (scared) for about an hour I finally whispered to Eric and tapped him on the shoulder. "Eric, Eric, I am scared." He didn't answer. "Eric, Eric, I am scared." No answer. I was being pretty quiet and Chloe was still asleep. All of the sudden a little arm reaches up and wraps around my neck. "It's ok, I've got you," she whispered. It was the sweetest thing E-V-E-R. She then just went right back to sleep. Never even looking at me or waking up...she just heard her mommy in need and was there to protect.

2 comments:

Josh and Carrie Anne said...

Next time you need to cover Eric's mouth and pinch his nose. That turd needs to wake up when his wife is in need of some canoodleing! - josh

Jess NBP said...

aawww HUGS!! eric really needs to have some light sleep periods. :) I have no one here at night with me so it's hard and I usually don't get to bed til 12.