Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The benefits...

A couple of nights ago, as Chloe and I were snuggling before she went to sleep, she got very quiet for a couple of minutes and then said "Mommy, do you know how much I love you?" My heart filled with love and my eyes with tears. I said "How much?" Her response was "big and big and big and big and big and big...." She said big about 30 times. We always tell each other we love each other big and big and big but tonight it was just so random but yet so perfectly timed.

Last night I was given one of the most prestigious titles ever given. Chloe told me (as we were snuggling) that I was her best friend forever and ever. She is such a loving and sweet little girl. Some of our best conversations happen right before we both fall asleep. Some nights I think I enjoy her sleeping in my bed more than she does. :) After Eric kisses us both good night and leaves the room he has no idea what precious things are said in the 15 or so minutes before falling asleep, in the dark, snuggled close, in just a whisper so that only the 2 of us can hear.

The benefits of being a mommy ... and best friend :)

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Ohh!! This is why I need to be a mommy!! That's so precious...you are a WONDERFUL Mom! :)

Elisabeth said...

That is the sweetest and best news ever! Made me get tears in my eyes! Lucky Mommy!

Jess NBP said...

aww sweetest things ever!!

Anonymous said...

OK- I'm crying right now....I love them!